What does singer, Elvis Presley, athlete, Shaquille O’Neal, Vice-President, Joe Biden and Actor, Bruce Willis all have in common? You may be thinking that they are all very accomplished people. That is true, but there is also one other common characteristic that they all have, and that is that they are/were people who stuttered. In fact, more than 70 million people worldwide stutter and there is no “cure” or device that will rid them of this communication disorder which is characterized by a broken flow to speech.
What can people who stutter do to help reduce their stuttering events?
They can attend speech therapy to learn techniques to help make speaking easier for them. Stuttering therapy can help to reduce the frequencies of stuttering, can help to teach tension and struggling moments, can work on identifying situations that lead to stuttering, can teach a person about the truths and myths about the communication disorder and ultimately helps the stutterer to use effective communication skills to communicate their wants and needs to others.
Stuttering therapy can be successful! We have seen success with our students by applying all aspects of this program into their treatment programs. We combined years of therapy experiences and the knowledge of years of stuttering research and practical application into this comprehensive unit for others to now buy, download and immediately start using.
In this 79-page stuttering therapy resource you will find:
• Handouts and worksheets about the facts and myths of stuttering
• Student and family questionnaires
• Stuttering screeners, recording forms and information on identifying stuttering and its secondary characteristics
• A large variety of educational handouts for teachers, students and parents
• An easy to navigate, print and use unit
• An ink-saving unit that was made all in black lined clip art and black text
• Informational pages and therapy tasks targeting a large variety of fluency modification techniques such as;
• Informational pages and therapy tasks targeting a large variety of fluency shaping techniques such as;
FULL BREATH TO SPEECH
SPEED SCALE RATING
PAUSING AND PHRASING
• And so much more…
Everything that a speech therapist would need or want to help stutterers from school age to adult is included in this carefully outlined resource! Please take a look at the preview to read the contents and directions provided at TPT OR TN and to also see slides illustrating the worksheets.
Thank you so much for visiting the Twin Speech, Language & Literacy LLC’s Blog today!
Manda & Shanda
Twin Speech, Language & Literacy LLC